रविवार, 14 जनवरी 2018

My Visit to World Book Fair 2018

January 13,2018: It is a lazy, winter Sunday afternoon. Book lovers, inquisitive young minds and languid strollers could all be seen walking about stalls of World Book Fair 2018 at Pragati Maidan.

Also, It was a big day for me. I was invited to Authors Corner at World Book Fair. After writing two Books “For Someone Special and Rompimeto” this was a very big opportunity for me.

Image by: Saksham Sharma


Program Started at 11:00 a.m. in the morning, my turn was second last. As Authors were coming and delivering their speech, I started feeling nervous. They all were unique with their ideas and thoughts. My palm gets sweated, my heart beat raised. My mind filled with fear.  After waiting for long then one hour my turn comes.


“Good Afternoon everyone!“

I believe that if writers don’t get to a place where they’re “swimming” in their thoughts about their subject then they will not succeed. Or at least the book won’t be the best it could be. It may not be a “place” as scattered in approach as one of my six-hour writing theory, but writers need to get lost in their process and in their subject.

Books are my first love. I’ve been devouring books since the age of 8 or 9 (I can’t recall the exact age). I was coward suffering from meekness in my childhood, I was most uncomfortable around people. So, I chose reading and made Books as my best friend.

(My throat was about to choke, In the middle of the speech I felt nervous very badly, this is my first speech ever. I held my nerves and took deep breath and continue…)

Image by: Saksham Sharma

I do not want to take your precious time so let me complete quickly, “One must read books to overcome from loneliness and negativity.  More we nourish our mind with reading books more we will get positive and amazing results.”

Thank You!

Hall was resounding with Applauds. I look toward my nephew Saksham, he was smiling. His smile realized me I’ve done it perfectly.

Feel Relaxed.

After the completion of the program we both visited the Book Fair.

Image By: My Selfwork

In evening I have some other plans. So, I have to go for now.

But Today’s Diary is incomplete.

To be continued…

Waiting for your comments.

Yogesh Sharma is the Author of the books For someone special and Rompimento.

Follow The Author on twitter

 go4yo@twitter.com

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

एक टिप्पणी भेजें

तुमसे दूरी

"तुमसे दूरी" तुम क्यों बदल गए? तुम्हारी क्या मजबूरी थी? तुम तो मेरे दिल में थे, फिर क्यों हम तुम में इतनी दूरी थी, ...