मंगलवार, 6 दिसंबर 2016

A visit to a Bank after Demonetization!

[08] What was your first reaction, when PM Narendra Modi announced the ban on Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 currency notes❓❔❓

I watched the news on my "Idiot Box📺!" By mistake actually I was switching between channels at that time. Stared👀 at it for a while. My first reaction was, 'This is a huge financial decision!' Soon after, a flood of messages hit my smartphone📲 - My whatsapp filled with jokes, funny pictures, to newsroom debates.

 But what I love the most is positive reaction of the "Common-mango-people👻👻". Finally, someone was doing something to stop the corruption, helping the service class, the bourgeois.


Twenty Seven days has been passed and situation get worsen😰 each day. People had money in their accounts, but none to spend😵. Queues at banks and ATMs were getting longer🚶👫👬👭. People standing in the queues stuck to their commitment to remain positive. The government extended some dates, changed some withdrawal limits🏧.
Image source: Selfwork!
Today I ran out of liquid cash💸💸 too. So, I decided to take a brave visit to the bank, takeout some lumpsum cash instead of standing in ATM queues every few days.
I went there expecting long queues. But, I wasn't prepared for the emotional onslaught😭, the tears of hard working people and senior citizens. It can affect even the most oblivious person.


I entered in a bank filled my deposit and exchange slips📝. While filling up forms, an official says, "Stop, You can withdraw just Rs 10,000." I objects. The limit is Rs 24,000. "There's not enough cash for everyone." I see clueless faces🤔😮😯 all around. An old couple👴👵, a young lady who has wedding at her home, some students and a bunch of people with expression less face😶.

Suddenly a person loses his temper😡😤 standing next to my counter. "What the hell is this! Am I supposed to constantly roam back and forth? I have been here for over three hours. Just tell me what I need to do," shouts 🗣 a man in his late-seventies.

I look around. Some customers are angry😤, some sad😥. They're all seeking help from bank officials. And, bank officials are the actual overworked, under-appreciated soldiers of demonetisation. I look at my watch, stunned to find that it's 3 pm already😱😲.

Queue is still long. Indians have a peculiar way of queuing up near the counter. They fall over each other's shoulders. Don't know when they learned 'mannerism😌'. 4 O'clock Cashier made an annoucment 'No money now, money finish!' I felt little Sad😔.

As I walk out of the bank, I realise demonitisation - the self-appointed morality project of the nation - has a long way to go😕.

Outside the bank🏦, there's a mob waiting to explode. Inside the bank, there were tears all around. It is worth making the common man cry, to weed out black money hoarders👹👺, who were already aware about the move?


कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

एक टिप्पणी भेजें

तुमसे दूरी

"तुमसे दूरी" तुम क्यों बदल गए? तुम्हारी क्या मजबूरी थी? तुम तो मेरे दिल में थे, फिर क्यों हम तुम में इतनी दूरी थी, ...